Construction contracts will allow for the contractor to claim loss and expense due to progress of the works being substantially impaired by elements for which the employer is responsible.
Common heads of loss claimed include:
- loss of profits;
- wasted management time;
- finance charges;
- prolongation costs; and
- general disruption.
We are highly experienced in advising on claims for loss and expense. Whether you are making or defending a claim, our specialist team can provide you with expert guidance on the process.
Our service includes:
- assessing a claim for loss and expenses;
- preparing a detailed claim submission;
- considering and evaluating inconsistencies in a claim;
- drafting a detailed submission in response to a claim; and
- interpreting and advising on contractual provisions.